What is Autorun.inf ?Autorun.inf is a most common virus found in most of the removable media. Actually Autorun.inf is a is the primary instruction file associated with the Autorun function. Autorun.inf is a text file that can be used by the AutoRun and AutoPlay components of Microsoft Windows Operating systems, thus as soon as you plug in any removable media it automatically opens because of this file.
How To Remove Autorun.inf ?
- Open registry (Run-> Regedit)
- And navigate to the following location
- Now create a dword with name “NoDriveTypeAutoRun”=dword:000000ff
- Again go to this location;
- And create the dword with same name and value, “NoDriveTypeAutoRun”=dword:000000ff